Sunday, November 11, 2007

…in which Bagels gets spayed.

Bagels was sleeping peacefully when I snuck up on her and stole her uterus and ovaries.




Of course I was worried going into it, but I actually got to watch the surgery through a viewing window. I’m glad that I did because it made the whole thing much less magical, more comprehendible. She spent the week in TaiZhong at the vet hospital because she needed some more shots and to have the stitches removed. The journey was too rough on her the first time to make her go through it any compromised state. The trip into the city was a real nightmare the first time. I took a shuttle with Bagels and the driver decided it would be a great idea to take the winding back road in a vehicle that rocks like a boat. Bagels decided that the best response to this was to vomit all over the van despite not having eaten anything in 18 hours. Nobody was pleased at the end of the ride…except over the fact that it was done with. The surgery and the week went without incident. Now she’s back home, her stitches are out and her cone is off. She’s sleeping peacefully once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home