Tuesday, March 04, 2008

...in which he takes a trip to Hehuan Mountain

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while. I thought I could share some photos from my trip to Hehuan mountain. The peak is over 3400 meters, so it's among the highest in Taiwan and this corner of Asia. The trip there was amazing. My town, MingJian, is next to a large river that flows directly west to the sea. We aren't high up at all. We were able to drive most of the way. It was really amazing to drive up and up; it seemed endless. The roads were respectable most of the way there. Eventually I had to contend with small two-lane mountain roads. They were great unless I was stuck behind someone more cautious. There were sections steep enough to really challenge my car. At one point as was stuck behind one of the omnipresent little blue work trucks. I was trying to pass it, but we hit an uphill grade and my engine didn't have anything left. The transmission was heating up. We took a break near the top because I'm not sure how hot is too hot. I don't have too much more to add, so I'll let some of my photos do the talking. One photo is of me at the peak. The other peak photo is Yu-chi. Then there are a couple photos of the ice. It actually grows into the direction of the wind. It was cold, but an amazing sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home