Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Big Hike

On top of CiLai south peak I saw a trail to beautiful to resist. I asked Yu-chi about it and her reply wasn't extremely positive. The trail goes from CiLai south peak, to the main peak and ends at CiLai north peak. I've put up pictures of the north peak before; it's simply breathtaking. When I imagine a mountain, I picture CiLai north peak. It looks daunting and beautiful.

















The ridge that goes from peak to peak to peak is not for the faint-of-heart. I'll include a series of photos I took from the south peak, but they don't quite do it justice. The first ridge from the south to the main peak is a bit precarious. On the right, it's a standard ridge line trail. But on the left it's rather sheer. Thankfully the trail isn't too steep or challenging otherwise. From the main peak to the north peak is different, but certainly not easier. It has sections steep enough to require climbing. Possibly the most difficult aspect of the trip is the overall length. It should take at least four days. That makes it a totally different animal from the two day trip we took before. Yu-chi has been hesitant about making this trip while I'm still inexperienced. She's finally agreed that if we complete a slightly easier 4-day trek to either Yushan or Snow Mountain then we can begin planning this trip.

I took these photos together to show the landscape...they pan from right to left.
































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home